lucinda's blog

My thoughts on many things, especially family history and the search for my roots.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

HTML stinks sometimes!

I worked yesterday afternoon to update my webpage on Rootsweb. I added a link to this BLOG spot, addeded a sitemap powered by freefind (which is pretty cool!), then revised all my headers so they made sense when the site map was used. Blah, Blah, BLah. Then I got the bright (or not so bright) idea of adding a counter on my web site. I've had this site for years and got along just fine without one...until yesterday. SOOO Iwent and copied the HTML on Rootsweb for a counter and happily inserted it just where I wanted it. Didn't work. All I saw was raw code. No cute flourescent green numbers or nuthin. Just code. ARRGGGH. Went to a different free site to get different code. Same issue. After fighting it for some time did the usual thing and gave up. HMMMP. Didn't need a stinking counter anyway. Sour grapes. Today I got the bright idea again. A counter would look really cool. It would show just how popular (or unpopular) my site is. Maybe that will be an ego shot. Not sure yet. Let's see the stats first. FINALLY figured out to do the smart thing, you know, follow directions. Went to the FAQ for Rootsweb and BINGO. Frontpage is sneaky and changes the code so it doesn't work unless you jump through the Frontpage hoops per usual. So now almost 24 hours later I have a nifty green counter that sadly says you are the 00002 visitor to my website since the counter was installed. Come visit me so I can rejoice when the number says 00003!!

Cindy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home