lucinda's blog

My thoughts on many things, especially family history and the search for my roots.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Good decisions!

I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to blog-so here is the news since October. Good news-I REALLY enjoy my job! I like the people I am working with. They are all very nice and helpful. It's nice to know there is a place where people care about their students AND co-workers. I've been out to lunch and dinner with a few of my favorite folks from my old job. They are about the only thing I miss from there. I do miss seeing my students, though. It's tough when you have them for several years and then watch them grow up and really bloom! Bummer. Well, I hope to have the opportunity at my new school as well. Bad news-my father-in-law had been very ill for a while and was in and out of the hospital and the nursing home. He finally gave up and stopped all of his treatments and medications. They had been too much for him and was in pain. He wasn't the same person we had known in the past. It was very hard to watch, having seen my parents go through similar circumstances before they passed away. He passed about five weeks ago. I still wish we had spent more time together but we all do our best and still end up having regrets. Something more to think about, I guess. Perhaps we should all take more time to spend with people that are important to us. Well, that's all for now. I have to get ready for school tomorrow. My little special friends run me ragged, but it is wonderful to see the progress they make. Talk to you soon! Visit my website at Cindy Blankenship's Family Site on Rootsweb. Google it and I'll be the first site that comes up. Thanks!

Cindy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home